“Don’t ask me why the answer is NO”. I got this one some ten minutes back.
Man, I don’t believe it, I’m gonna be 23 next year and I still call her up for the chindiest of things in my life. The one above is one of my favorite mom-isms….cuz I know when she says this she means that I’ve irritated her to a level where she’s pretending to be radical, rational and show that she can handle one more idiotic-n-whimsical fancies of her daughters by sheer pressure with a very motherly do-this-or-you-are-gone stare and I also know that if raise my voice by 0.5 decibel, I’m dead meat.
Some more favorites of mine in the same category that I’ve been hearing since I realized I could listen:
- You're the oldest. You should know better.
- Your father is going to hear about this when HE gets home!
- You just ate an hour ago!
- Why? Because I SAID so, that's why!
- Now, say you're sorry...and MEAN it!
- Go to your room and think about what you did!
- Going to a party? Leave a phone number in case I need to call.
- How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it?
- I don't care what "everyone" is doing. I care what YOU are doing!
- You won't be happy until you break that, will you?
- Enough is enough!
- When I was your age...
This is to all my friends below the age 12..my little brother Manu, cousins Nehal, Devan, Mansi, Raghav, Aryan, Keshav, Gaurish, Ravish……. Next time your mom uses some of the above, ask her to be original.